Thursday, September 25, 2014

In My Father's House


Let not your heart be troubled;
ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many
mansions; if it were not so I would
have told you. I go to prepare a place for
you. And if I go and prepare a place for
you, I will come again and receive you
unto myself; that where I am, there
 ye may be also.
                John 14:1-3 KJV 

     These verses jumped off the page and directly into my heart as I bowed before my Lord this morning. You see, my husband and I are expecting company. Our brother-in-love, my sister’s husband, is coming to visit, and we await his arrival with great joy and anticipation. However, one corner of my heart aches as I realize my sister will not be with him. She is waiting for us in heaven.

     While I thought about making preparations for one instead of two, my Heavenly Father drew me to John Fourteen. He called to mind that I am not the only one making preparations.
 
     The first words of Jesus in this chapter instructed me to let go of my troubled heart as I believe that Christ has gone to prepare a place for me. Perhaps my sister is helping decorate my mansion, reminding Jesus that red is my favorite color and I would really like a place to sit and read. Maybe they are preparing the big screen where I can watch Biblical history march through time from Genesis forward.
 
     Whatever the preparations being made, Jesus said it is for me and when it is ready, He will come for me and I will go to be with Him.
 
     Although the details of eternity are not known, we look forward to eternal life because we believe what Christ told us. Just as Terry can trust us to provide him with everything he needs to enjoy his visit, we can trust Christ that heaven is real for all who believe and put their trust in Him.
 
     For now we dwell in an earthly house made by human hands, but I am looking forward to the day when we will dwell together in my Father’s house. 

© Joyce Powell
9.25.14

No comments:

Post a Comment