Saturday, May 30, 2015

Perfect Peace

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee.
                          Isaiah 26:3 KJV  

     I smiled as I watched our infant
granddaughter sleep peacefully amid the chaos of four siblings running, playing and squealing in delight. I envied her ability to sleep through the sounds of toys being dropped on the tile floor, children running into the furniture and adult conversation buzzing throughout the room.  She slept in perfect peace. A year later, she continues to sleep well in the midst of chaos.

     Modern living challenges followers of Christ to live in peace in the midst of our chaotic world. It is possible. God’s grace is sufficient for peaceful living. The older I grow the more I realize that a daily focus on Jesus Christ is my pathway to perfect peace.

     When the trials and stresses of life in an ever-increasing anti-Christian world press heavy on my heart, I must focus on Christ. When news reports of what is happening to fellow Christians around the world cause my heart to tremble in fear for the things our grandchildren may endure, I must focus on Christ. When I am faced with a loved one who refuses to believe that Jesus is the Only Way to the Heavenly Father, I must focus on Christ.

     The pathway to perfect peace remains the same as when Isaiah recorded these words nearly three thousand years ago, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.” Isaiah 26:3-4 NIV

     Join me today as together we commit our hearts to peaceful living through a constant focus on our Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 

©Joyce Powell
repost

No comments:

Post a Comment