Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Everything Through Him



I can do everything through Him
who gives me strength.
Phil 4:13

Recently I was cleaning out our VHS, DVD, and CD collection. In the midst of the mess, I came across the DVD from my sweet sister’s funeral; my heart sank. Moments later I picked up the DVD from my precious brother’s funeral. I could feel myself sinking into a pit as satan stuck his knife in my heart and twisted.

Having been in that pit on previous occasions, I have learned to recognize the signs of a downward spiral and to immediately cry out the name of Jesus. When I reach for Him, He comes. He reminds me that I am His, and He is always near. When the fires of life are hot, He comes near with a refreshing breeze. When the waters of life are high, He carries me through the stormy waves.

When I walk through the dry desert, He is a cool drink of water. When the chaos of this world shatters my nerves, He speaks peace. And when I think I have nothing left to give, He reaches down, lifts me up, and reminds me that I am His, I am blessed, and I am able to do all things through Christ because He is my strength.

What brings satan with his sharpened blade twisting through your heart? What arid desert place are you walking through? Are you struggling to keep your head about the raging waves of a life storm that is rocking your world? There is hope in the midst of your crisis. His Name is Jesus. Call out to Him; for salvation, comfort, peace, wisdom, restoration… He will come, renew your strength, and revive your soul.

Prayer: Lord, help me always remember that You are my hope, my strength, and my salvation.

©Joyce Powell
2.2.16

No comments:

Post a Comment